Friday, February 24, 2012

Stolen puppy in Shaw

An awful situation from the Shaw Dogs listserv: 
Yesterday morning about 8am, a gentleman came to the 11th St  dog park and reported that his neighbors witnessed 3 teenagers breaking into his home, to steal his 10-month old puppy (a female pit bull, fawn-colored, with a silver choke chain collar).  He heard later reports that those same kids were hanging out at the 11th St skate park, with the dog, and he asked those of us there if we'd seen her.
We encouraged him to put a flyer up in the park with her picture (I'm out of town now, so I don't know if he did).  I promised him I'd also send a note to the listserv...  I'm not sure what anyone can do, but I know how miserable I'd be if my puppy got stolen.  The police have been contacted.  If anyone sees a dog with kids matching that description, that's where I would start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment